View Larger Image
Bio-Active Essentials - 90 Tabs
Item Number: 43808
✓ 3 left in stock.
• Free Ground Shipping
For men, women, and children who want a bio-active, complete vitamin.
• Bio-Active Essentials™ provides the full range of bioactive and easily absorbable nutrients at clinical levels in a multivitamin and mineral complex that can used by men, women, and children ages 12 and up.
• How it Works:
• Some of these nutrients include: Bio-Active B Vitamins; Some individuals, due to genetic factors, have difficulty converting the crucial B-vitamins they need, so much of the value of ordinary supplemental B-vitamins is lost before they can provide any benefits. Additionally, as people age, malabsorption of vitamin B12 becomes more prevalent due to changes in protein and enzyme levels and in the digestive tract. For instance, if pancreatic enzymes are in short supply, a specialized protein in the stomach, called intrinsic factor, won"t be able to help the body absorb vitamin B12.This is not an uncommon situation. In fact, it affects about 10% to 15% percent of individuals over 60 years old. Many prescription medications deplete vitamin B status, and liver health is a factor in B-vitamin conversion as well. This is a concern for many reasons, including keeping healthy homocysteine balance. High blood levels of homocysteine are associated with cognitive and cardiovascular health concerns.
• Even if individuals eat a folate-rich diet with leafy greens, and don"t take any depleting medications, they still may have a genetic predisposition to B-vitamin and folate deficiencies. That is because about 50 to 60% of the population has a gene polymorphism (called the C677T polymorphism) on the MTHFR gene that limits folate conversion. And that same genetic predisposition is seen in 70% of people with concerns about mental and emotional well-being.
• The fact that folate is so important to mental well-being is seen in newer therapies that use methylfolate combined with prescription treatments to more successfully address these concerns. One of the reasons that methylfolate is so important is that it is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters including serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine in the central nervous system. Folic acid - although water soluble and found in most supplements - is readily absorbed in the intestine, it is not biologically active. It must go though many metabolic stages before it is converted to the usable form of methylfolate, which is the form that crosses the blood/brain barrier as well.
• It"s well-known that folate (generally in the form of folic acid) is a necessary nutrient for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant to help prevent spina bifida or other neural tube defects. One of the reasons is because folate is so intricately involved with cellular division, by helping form nucleic acid precursors. Given that much of the population is genetically predisposed to not metabolizing folates properly, this is a very real concern.
• Bio-Active Essentials™ can make a difference. It provides vitamin B6, B12, and folic acid in their active forms - P-5-P, methylcobalamin, and L-methylfolate - which can go to work immediately to support energy levels, cardiovascular health, nerve function, carbohydrate metabolism, and amino acid production. This formula provides the levels of B-vitamins and folate required for everyone"s nutritional needs, including women who are pregnant and nursing.
• Easily absorbed chelated trace minerals: For many individuals, minerals can be difficult for the body to absorb and use efficiently. Chelated minerals can include any ligand that helps the body absorb the mineral during digestion. The amino acid glycine makes an excellent molecule to help shepherd minerals through the intestinal wall, and that is why Bio-Active Essentials™ uses The Real Amino Acid Chelate System (TRAACS®). It binds minerals to amino acids to create an organic molecule that is readily absorbed and used by the body. The benefits of proper trace mineral intake include support of muscle tissue and heart rhythm, immune system function, proper bone and collagen formation, mental well-being and healthy metabolism.
• Calcium: The most abundant mineral in the body, calcium is a required nutrient for more than just bone health - emerging research suggests that calcium may help support cholesterol and blood pressure levels as well.
• Vitamin D3 is a daily requirement that supports proper calcium absorption for healthy bones and teeth, immune system function, healthy inflammation response, and helps maintain mental well-being and cognitive function.
• While vitamin D is vital for anyone regardless of age, it should be noted that vitamin D has protective effects for brain cells. In clinical trials, higher serum levels of vitamin D are associated with improved mental function. Additional studies, particularly in older adults, have found that increased serum levels of vitamin D are associated with healthy cognitive function.
• Vitamin E from D-alpha and mixed tocopherol complex: The complete family of tocopherols, alpha, beta, delta, and gamma, are included in this formula the way nature intended. Together, they help support heart and immune system health, and protect cellular structures from oxidative damage.
• Ginger root extract (Zingiber officinale) supports the digestive system, promoting bile flow and gastric secretions, helping the body absorb the nutrients it needs for optimum vitality. The extract used in Bio-Active Essentials ™is standardized for 5% gingerols.