Safe Seasonal Activities with your Dog Jul 29 2014
It is tempting in include a pet in warm weather, seasonal activities such as picnics in the park, vacation travel, and fireworks displays. Care must be taken to ensure the dog’s safety during these outings. Provide adequate restraint, food, and water for a pet that will be away from home. Make sure that there is a shelter, pavilion, or overhang to shade the dog from the sun. Crates are an excellent
choice for providing shade, having excellent ventilation, and safety restraining the dog. The dog should be wearing current identification, and be kept on a leash when out of the crate. If the animal is not acclimated to fireworks, it may be better off left at home.
Bio Spot Active Care Flea & Tick Spot on for Dogs kills adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, adult ticks, tick nymph and tick larvae as well as kills and repels mosquitoes. There is a optional applicator sold separately which is ergonomically contoured for easy handling, helps prevent getting the liquid on your hands, has a special design that automatically opens the tube by just closing the applicator door, and the tip helps to part your pets hair to help get the liquid down to their skin.
Do not use on cats.
Do not use on dogs or puppies weighing less than 5 pounds or that are younger than 12 months of age.
Directions: To apply this product, use one disposable liquid tube for each application.
1. Bend at perforations and tear off first tube.
2. Hold tube upright and snap tip back, away from face and body.
3. The dog/puppy should be standing for easy application. Apply Bio Spot Active Care Flea & Tick Spot on for Dogs evenly to two to three evenly placed spots between the shoulder and the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of the solution at anyone spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog/puppy.
4. Do not spread the product by hand over the dog/puppy. Although the dog's/puppy's skin and hair oils will distribute the application over the entire dog/puppy, brushing the dog/puppy 12-24 hours after treatment will help to distribute the material over the skin.
5. Dispose of empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
This product is most effective when used as part of a total flea and tick management program. Use other Bio Spot Active Care products registered for residential area control of these pests in conjunction with this treatment. Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas.