Blogs, Forums, Photos and More
View Larger Image
Enhanced Fernblock with Sendara
Skin Resilience Formula
Item Number: 43541
Please wait while we perform your request.
- Suggested Use
For added protection against skin damage from sun exposure - an internal solution.
- Life Extension introduces the world's first oral supplement to help protect against harmful solar radiation. For the first time you can achieve essential protection from dangerous sun exposure in a pill. During a decade of clinical trials, FernBlock has shown remarkable effectiveness in shielding skin against dangerous ultraviolet exposure.(37-42) Studies have shown that this fern extract has a high affinity for skin tissue and helps protect against ultraviolet damage shown to cause premature skin aging and wrinkling.(43,44)
- FernBlock is a natural extract derived from the fern plant Polypodium leucotomos used as a sunburn remedy by Native Indians for centuries.
- The highly targeted action of FernBlock safely inhibits the absorption of harmful ultraviolet rays and quenches dangerous free radicals.(37,39) FernBlock also helps mitigate the consequences of excessive ultraviolet radiation by reducing the number of skin cells that indicate sun-induced injury.(39,40) Additionally, it helps inhibit pro-inflammatory cells that cause redness and itching,(39) blocks protein-destroying skin enzymes that decrease skin elasticity,(45) and preserves the skin's antioxidant status.(46)
- This product has been upgraded to contain Sendara, a patented blend of the herbs ashwagandha and Indian gooseberry. Ashwagandha has been used by Ayurvedic practitioners in its native India for thousands of years. It is rich in flavonoids and steroidal lactones called withanolides, which are thought to have a number of beneficial properties. Ashwagandha works as an adaptogen to enhance the body's ability to respond to stress, which is thought to be a major contributor to physical signs of aging and that can exacerbate or trigger certain skin conditions. This adaptogen specifically targets excess cortisol release triggered by stress. Indian gooseberry is an antioxidant that helps prevent oxidative stress and degradation of skin proteins and may enhance the firmness of skin. (47,48)
- Sendara combines these two ingredients into one anti-aging cosmeceutical. In addition to providing stress relief for the skin, Sendara also offers skin benefits, in terms of skin appearance, by inhibiting the enzyme that cleaves and damages collagen, a primary structural protein of the skin. Sendara also helps in retaining skin moisture by inhibiting the enzyme hyaluronidase.(47,48)
- FernBlock is designed to complement topical sunscreens for intense sun exposure. Topical sunscreens are effective if properly and regularly applied, especially for long periods of sun exposure. FernBlock supplements the effects of sunscreens by protecting the entire skin surface and has an obvious advantage since it cannot be removed by perspiring or bathing.
- For intense sun exposure, two to three capsules of FernBlock and an effective sunscreen provide convenient and complete day-long protection. For short periods of sun exposure (such as walking to the car) that can add to cumulative ultraviolet damage, just one FernBlock capsule should provide adequate protection.
- Remember, for long periods of sun exposure, you should defend your skin against premature photoaging with FernBlock and a topical sunscreen to ensure complete sun protection.
37 Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 1966 Apr; 12(2):45-46
38 Ibid 1997 Feb; 13(102)50-60.
39 J Am Acad Dermatol 2005 Dec; 51(6):910-8
40 Ibid 2003 Jan;50(1) 41-9
42 Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 2007, Feb;23(1):46-7
43 N Engl J Med 1997 Nov,13:337(20):419-29
44 Aging Cell 2007 Aug;6(4)4557-64
46 J Photochem Photobiol B. 2006 Mar1;82(3):173-9
47 Invest Dermatol 2007 Jan;1127(1)49-59
48 Planta Med 2007 Oct;73(12):1267-74
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- For photo-aging protection* take one to two capsules daily in the morning 30 minutes prior to sun exposure, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Use with high SPF sunscreen (SPF 30+).
- For extended sun exposure take one additional capsule at noon.
This product can be taken with or without food.
For external use only. If product accidentally gets into the eye - rinse eye thoroughly. Do not use on broken or irritated skin. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. If irritation persists, contact your physician.
Please wait while we perform your request.
There are currently no reviews for this product. To be the first to review this product, Login or Register
These products may also interest you...