View Larger Image
Pure Vegan B-12 Methylcobalamin Spray - 1 oz spray
From Pure Vegan
Item Number: 43823
✓ In Stock
• Free Ground Shipping
Please wait while we perform your request.
For everyone who needs more energy, better neurological response, more alertness - especially vegetarians, people on-the-go, and seniors.
• According to the Physicians' Desk Reference for Nonprescription Drugs and Dietary Supplements, oral absorption (spraying into the mouth and swallowing) is much more effective than other forms of delivery.
• Vitamin B12 is one of the most important daily nutrients a person can get. Yet most people are not getting effective and adequate amounts. When people purchase the regular "off the shelf" B12 sublingual tablets, absorption rates are not equally effective.
• Pure Vegan's B12 Spray is a cut above other B12 products since it's in the methylcobalamin form. Methylcobalamin is the most absorbable form of B12. This is extremely important when taking supplemental B12, especially for Vegetarians. Since B12 is found mainly in meat sources, Vegetarians are often deficient in this important daily vitamin. Unlike the inexpensive and common cyanocobalamin, Pure Vegan's methylcobalamin is readily available for cellular absorption. Cyanocobalamin has to go through the first pass of the liver, where a small amount of methylcobalamin is produced. Then it enters the general (i.e. systemic) circulation. Another unique feature is the method of delivery. Sprays are known to be more effective in activating the saliva glands than capsules, pills, lozenges or drops. This allows the B12 to enter the bloodstream quickly and efficiently.
• Here are some important benefits of methylcobalamin:
• Helps regulate homocysteine levels.
• The American Heart Association suggests that patients with high levels of homocysteine should be strongly advised to be sure to get enough folic acid and vitamins B6 and B12 in their diet. When homocysteine reaches high levels in the body, it can be harmful to the heart. Evidence suggests that high homocysteine levels can cause cardiovascular problems, and is associated with stress and brain disease. The optimal safe range for homocysteine is under 6 micromoles per liter. One study revealed that a person who took 2000 mcg of oral methylcobalamin per day for four months reduced homocysteine levels from 113.4 micromoles per liter to 8.2, (1) Methylcobalamin is the only form of B12 that can directly participate in homocysteine metabolism. (2) According to Ray Sahelian, M.D., vitamin B12 plays a major role in red blood cell activity, methylation reactions and immune system regulation. Evidence indicates methylcobalamin has some metabolic and therapeutic applications not shared by other forms of vitamin B12.Government studies revealed that Americans' intake of vitamin B12 is less than 70 percent of the recommended daily allowance. Pure Vegan's B12 Spray more than compensates for that by providing 500 mcg per spray.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Shake well. As a dietary supplement, pump one spray per day into mouth and swallow, or as directed by a health professional.
B12 ...500 mcg per spray.
These products may also interest you...